Are you suffering from an injury or are you in the process of rehabilitation? At Body and Soul we offer sports massages at home in Estepona and Marbella, contact us for more information or to make an appointment!
If you are looking for a way to improve your sporting performance or improve general mobility, a sports massage could be a good option for you.
If you are a sportsperson you will know that injuries and aches and pains are common, in fact any professional sportsperson is aware that they are part of their profession. That is why it is essential to visit a physiotherapist or masseur regularly to work on your muscles before and after a big effort.
What are sports massages?
Sports massage is a type of therapeutic massage designed to improve muscle function. They help relieve pain and tension, improve circulation and flexibility, and reduce the risk of injury.
Massage has become an important part of the rehabilitation and treatment of injuries in people involved in sports. In this type of massage, the muscles, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissues of the body are worked on.
In addition, sports massages can also help relieve mental and emotional stress.
Main benefits of sports massage
This type of massage provides great benefits for the body, reducing muscle pain and preventing possible injuries in the future. Below, we explain some of the main benefits it provides:
- Improved blood circulation. Sports massages increase blood flow to the affected area, which allows for better oxygenation of the tissues and a decrease in numbness and pain.
- Pain reduction. They also serve to help reduce pain levels. This is because massages increase the production of chemicals, such as endorphins, which help to reduce pain.
- Injury prevention. This type of massage helps prevent injury by increasing the flexibility and elasticity of the muscles. This makes the muscles much stronger and more flexible and reduces the risk of injury during exercise.
- Reduction of muscle tension. They relax tight muscles and reduce soreness. This also helps to improve posture and reduce the risk of injury.
- Stimulation of the immune system. Sports massage helps improve immune system function by stimulating the production of white blood cells, preventing disease and maintaining a healthy immune system.
For which injuries do you need a sports massage?
Sports massage can be used to treat the following injuries:
- Shoulder injuries
- Hip injuries
- Knee injuries
As mentioned above, sports massage can help improve flexibility, posture and strength, and therefore can help with certain injuries.
When is a sports massage necessary and for whom is it intended?
These massages can be performed before, during or after exercise, and generally target specific areas of the body to help an athlete recover and improve performance.
Sports massages are mainly aimed at athletes who participate in intense physical activities, such as marathons, cycling, football, golf, among others. But sports massages can also benefit non-athletes. For example, they can help relieve stress, reduce pain and improve blood circulation.
Types of sports massage
Depending on the objectives pursued, sports massages can be classified into 3 types:
- Preparatory or pre-competition massage. This massage is performed before a competition to prepare the body for a great effort. Thanks to this massage, the blood circulation and the internal temperature of the muscle will be increased.
- Recovery massage. This massage is performed to recover the tissues after exposing them to a high intensity effort. Here we work on draining metabolic waste and increasing blood supply. Lymphatic drainage is also indicated in this phase.
- Maintenance massage. As its name suggests, this massage serves to maintain the tone of the muscles in an optimal state and to detect or avoid possible future injuries. This type of sports massage is recommended to be carried out periodically.
Sports massages at home in Estepona and Marbella
If you have suffered an injury, are an athlete or simply suffer from muscle pain, sports massage can be a solution. For more information or to make an appointment, you can send us the following form and we will contact you.