If you want to enjoy a relaxing massage and recharge your batteries you should put yourself in our hands. We offer Swedish massage services in Estepona and Marbella, we come to your home or place of work.
In the early 19th century, the Swedish therapist Pehr Henrik Ling developed what we know today as Swedish massage. Many people are unaware that this technique is actually part of a larger system of therapeutic exercises.
Inspired by various traditions, such as Chinese medicine and gymnastics, Ling designed this approach to improve blood circulation and relieve muscle tension.
His technique incorporates gentle, flowing movements, kneading, friction and tapping. Over the years, Swedish massage has endured and has become a popular form of massage therapy, known for its relaxing and revitalising benefits.
Descubre las características masaje sueco
If you have never experienced Swedish massage, our recommendation is that you give it a try. Nothing easier than contacting us and scheduling your appointment at your convenience. Our masseuse will come to your home with everything you need.
If you are wondering what Swedish massage is, with us you will discover that it is a unique experience designed to provide physical relief and deep relaxation for your mind and soul.
Swedish massage traditionally uses oils or lotions to facilitate gentle, flowing movements on the skin. These products help to reduce friction and allow the therapist’s hands to glide more easily over the body.
Classical Swedish massage is mainly performed with the therapist’s hands, using techniques such as kneading, friction, tapping and vibration. However, the massage can be supplemented with tools such as rollers or balls to apply certain techniques more specifically.
Benefits of Swedish massage
Swedish massage is synonymous with wellbeing, so to give you an idea, let’s take a look at its main benefits:
- Muscle relaxation: We use gentle, firm movements to relax the muscles, relieving accumulated tension, reducing stiffness and pain.
- Improved blood circulation: The targeted movements stimulate circulation, promoting blood flow and contributing to tissue oxygenation.
- Relief of stress and anxiety: The combination of gentle movements, kneading techniques and attention to areas of tension helps to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting a state of general relaxation.
- Stimulation of the lymphatic system: Through gentle, circular movements, we can contribute to the stimulation of the lymphatic system. In this way we favour the elimination of toxins and reduce fluid retention.
- Improved sleep: As a “side effect”, the relaxation induced by Swedish massage can help to improve the quality of sleep, facilitating a deeper and more restful rest.
- Improved mood: The release of endorphins during massage contributes to a positive mood. Such chemical reactions help to combat depression and emotional fatigue.
- Blood pressure reduction: It has been observed that massage performed on a regular basis can have a positive impact on reducing blood pressure, promoting cardiovascular health.
Types of Swedish massage
Traditional Swedish massage has remained fairly consistent in terms of its fundamental techniques. However, it is true that it can be customised according to the client’s needs and preferences.
Here are some of the variations we can perform:
- With aromatherapy: When we combine Swedish massage with aromatherapy, using essential oils to add therapeutic benefits and relaxing aromas.
- Deep Swedish massage: When we apply more pressure and focus on deeper muscle layers. It is more intensive and can be beneficial for people with deeper muscle tensions.
- Couples: Designed for couples (romantic or friends) who want a shared experience. This type of massage is performed in the same room with two therapists, allowing both to enjoy the experience simultaneously.
- Swedish massage for sportspeople: Adapted for athletes and big sports fans. This type of massage usually includes more focused techniques on specific areas that may be subject to tension due to sporting activity.
- Swedish prenatal massage: Designed specifically for pregnant women. In other words, we adapt it to guarantee the comfort and safety of the mother-to-be.
Although these variants may have slightly different approaches, they are all based on the fundamental principles of Swedish massage. We aim to provide relaxation and stress relief, however, if you have specific preferences or needs, please let us know before the massage.
Keep in mind the contraindications
In certain circumstances, Swedish massage may be contraindicated. As health professionals, at Body and Soul we like to offer the most appropriate therapy in each case. So let’s see in which cases this technique would not be recommended:
- Serious cardiovascular problems: Perhaps you didn’t know it, but a massage can influence the circulation. Therefore, to be avoided in cases of serious heart disease without doctor’s approval.
- Circulatory disorders and blood clots: In conditions such as deep vein thrombosis, where there is a propensity for clots to form in the veins, Swedish massage can influence circulation and potentially increase the risk of complications, which brings us to the previous point, which is to seek medical approval.
- Acute infections, fever and skin problems: In cases of fever, infection or skin problems, massage may be uncomfortable or counterproductive. Better to be fully recovered, or else consult your GP.
- Serious injury or recent surgery: Massage could interfere with this healing process or cause additional discomfort. A healthcare professional, such as a surgeon or doctor supervising treatment, will be able to assess whether it is safe and beneficial to receive Swedish massage based on the nature and extent of the injury or surgery.
- High-risk pregnancy: Swedish massage can be beneficial in many cases, but it is essential to coordinate with healthcare professionals to ensure that it is safe and tailored to the patient’s individual needs.
Don’t think twice, contact us to resolve any doubts and schedule your appointment when it suits you best. As you can see it can be an experience to enjoy alone or in company.